Sightseeing City Tourfrom
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
Summer Season: June 30 to September 30
Winter Season: December 01 to April 15
We are from Yellowknife, we know Yellowknife!
Welcome to Yellowknife! On this 1.5-2.0hr tour you will learn the rich history of Yellowknife. The tour starts off in the famous Oldtown district where Yellowknife originally started almost 90 years ago! Hear the stories of growing up in Yellowknife and maybe stop from time to time to chat with a local person during the tour. In Oldotwn we will visit the Indian Village of N’Dilo (dee-lo) and learn about the our Indigenous culture.
From Oldtown we continue uptown, the downtown area of Yellowknife and show you the restaurants and souvenir stores, then to the modern southside to see how Yellowknife has grown. The tour ends of the Visitor Centre where you can get your Yellowknife pin and your North of 60 Certificate!
All along the way we will take photographs of you to capture the memories of your Yellowknife visit. One of our favorite stops for photographs is Pilots Monument in Old Town. New to this tour is the Ice Road (Winter season), we will drive on the Ice Road and drive by and see the construction of the world famous Snow Castle!
As lifelong residents of Yellowknife we can give you a uniquely personal insight into Yellowknife and its colorful past. We are from Yellowknife, we know Yellowknife! Join us for Yellowknife’s best Sightseeing City Tour experience!
Minimum 4 guests, maximum 26 guests
- Free tour transfer from hotel/B&B*
- Comfortable tour bus
- Guides are from Yellowknife
- You will see oldtown, downtown, new town
- Free professional photos*
*Some B&B’s may have pickup fee
**Free photos limited per group
- North Star Memory Package
- Indigenous and/or lifelong Yellowknife drivers
- Learn the history of Yellowknife
- See historic Oldtown district, downtown and the new modern southside
- See and learn which restaurants serve delicious local foods
- Visit Yellowknife’s BEST souvenir store for genuine northern arts & crafts
- Hear personal stories from your drivers
- Free professional photos
- Click here to book this very cool tour!