Indigenous Cultural Tourfrom
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping
Activity Level Leisurely
Winter Season: Dec 17 – Apr 15
Departure Times: 11:00am
Introduction into our Indigenous Culture
Set out in wilderness away from Yellowknife, enjoy the look of the traditional Indigenous teepees and trapper’s tents. Stay warm in our main Trapper’s tent where the cozy woodstove will be burning keeping the inside of the tent nice and warm, sometimes too warm!
The tour will start with our Indigenous guide doing a “show and tell” talk about our culture, tell stories about how life was like in the old days, how hard it was to survive in such extreme weather conditions and how we are trying to preserve our traditional ways in today’s new, modern world.
After this will put on the snowshoes and snowshoe on the frozen open lake for some great photo opportunities and a little outdoor exercise. After snowshoeing, we will cook traditional foods such as local whitefish fish and delicious traditional bannock, mmmm!
As we are cooking the food you will get the chance to try on some of our beautiful traditional clothing for a great photo opportunity! To end off the tour, we will do traditional “Feeding the Fire” ceremony. A great tour to do some fun outdoor traditional activity and learn and experience our Indigenous Culture! Minimum 4 persons, maximum 10 persons. Price: $119.00+GST/person.
- Indigenous guides
- Traditional teeepee’s and trapper’s tent
- Delicious traditional foods in our traditional Trapper’s tent
- Learn about and listen to stories and legends
- Snowshoeing on the open frozen lakes
- Try on beautiful traditional Indigenous clothing
- FREE photos for your memories
- FREE Personal Pickup and Drop-off service from most hotels & B&B’s
- Click here to book this very cool tour!
- Please provide minimum 24hrs notice for booking this tour.
- Discounts cannot be combined. Please ask our staff for more details about this.
- Prices subject to change due to fluctuations in fuel, hotel, airline and/or tour partner prices.
- Dates subject to change due to inclement weather.
- Please review our Payment & Cancellation Policy before booking.
- Does not include Guide Tips. Tip amounts can range from $5.00 to $20.00 per tour.
- GST tax = 5.0%