Summer season is the BEST time to see Aurora! It’s only a 6 week season but what an amazing 6 weeks! We are the only tour company to always say “the warmer the weather, the better the Aurora”. Last August we watched Aurora in +22C (70F) temperatures WOW! Plus to see the Aurora reflect off the water is truly…a once in a lifetime experience! During the day we have many fun Day Tours to choose from such as our very popular Nature Hike tours and more.
Yellowknife is the best place to see Aurora! We are from Yellowknife, we know Aurora! Aurora Hunting gives you a better chance to see Aurora. Most other tour companies stay at one location and don’t move. Plus with different locations you can photograph Aurora with different backgrounds. Due to the nature of the tour, being more adventurous and late into the evening, age range is 5yrs and up.
On each tour our Guides will take FREE professional photos of you and Aurora! When we are waiting for Aurora they will tell you about Aurora, the stars, help you set your camera, answer questions about Yellowknife and serve you hot drinks and delicious Canadian snacks. Our Indigenous drivers will tell you stories about the land, animals and our Indigenous culture.
As the world’s best Aurora Hunting tour company, we go above and beyond to make sure your Yellowknife visit is a comfortable and memorable experience! If you’re looking for a more personal Aurora tour experience with a local, 100% Indigenous owned tour company, then North Star Adventures is for you! Click here to book this cool Amazing Aurora package!
Welcome to Yellowknife, you made it!
Please check your email for your Package Schedule
1st night: Aurora Hunting Tour!
Sightseeing City Tour (see and learn about Yellowknife!)
Nature Hike Tour (Optional Day Tour for 2N Package Guests)
2nd night: Aurora Hunting Tour
Go home with amazing Aurora memories! (2N Package Guests)
Thank you for choosing North Star Adventures 🙂
Nature Hike Tour (Optional Day Tour for 3N Package Guests)
3rd night: Aurora Hunting Tour
Go home with amazing Aurora memories!
Thank you for choosing North Star Adventures. 🙂
1. Does NOT include hotel accommodations. You can book your hotel online at www.ca.hotels.com, www.booking.com, www.expedia.ca, www.trivago.ca, www.ca.kayak.com or contact the hotel directly.
2. If you are looking for Tours + Accommodations, please see our North Star Summer Package.
3. Does Not include Personal Airport pick-up and drop-off service. FREE shuttle service is provided by Chateau Nova, Explorer Hotel, Quality Inn, Days Inn and Capital Suites. If you are staying in any of these hotels, you can choose their FREE airport shuttle.
4. Discounts cannot be combined. Please ask our staff for more details about this.
5. Prices subject to change due to fluctuations in fuel, hotel, airline and/or tour partner prices.
6. Dates subject to change due to inclement weather.
7. Please review our Payment & Cancellation Policy before booking.
8. Does not include Guide tip. Tip amount can range from $5.00 to $20.00 per tour.
Save on baggage space and cost! We have WARM and COMFORTABLE Winter Clothing for rent. Includes the world famous Canada Goose down parka, insulated snow-pants, insulated snow boots, warm mitts and neck warmer. Ask about delivery fee to your hotel or B&B. Click here to book your Winter Clothing.