Summer season is the BEST time to see Aurora! It’s only an 8 week season but what an amazing 8 weeks! We are the only tour company to always say “the warmer the weather, the better the Aurora”. Last August we watched Aurora in +22C temperatures WOW! Plus to see the Aurora reflect off the water is simply…a once in a lifetime experience! During the day we have many fun Day Tours to choose from such as our famous Great Slave Lake Boat or Nature Hike tours and more.
Yellowknife is the best place to see Aurora!! Aurora Hunting gives you a better chance to see Aurora. Most other tour companies stay at one location and don’t move. So if it’s a cloudy night you will not see Aurora, but with our Aurora Hunting tours sometimes we can still find Aurora! Plus with different locations you can photograph Aurora with different backgrounds. Due to the nature of the tour, being more adventurous and late into the evening, age range is 5yrs and up.
On each tour our Guides will take FREE professional photos of you and Aurora! When we are waiting for Aurora they will tell you about Aurora, the stars, help you set your camera, answer questions about Yellowknife and serve you hot drinks and delicious Canadian snacks. Our Indigenous drivers will tell you stories about the land, animals and our Indigenous culture.
As one of the world’s best Aurora Hunting tour companies, we go above and beyond to make sure your Yellowknife visit is a comfortable and memorable experience! If you’re looking for a more personal Aurora tour experience with a local, 100% Indigenous owned tour company, then North Star Adventures is for you! Click here to book this cool Amazing Aurora package!
Welcome to Yellowknife, you made it!
Meet your North Star team
1st night of Aurora Hunting Tour!
Sombe K’e (Yellowknife) City Tour
2nd Night of Aurora Hunting Tour
Go home with amazing Aurora memories! (2N Package Guests)
Thank you for choosing North Star Adventures!
Optional Day Tour (3N Package Guests)
3rd Night of Aurora Hunting Tour
Go home with amazing Aurora memories!
Thank you for choosing North Star Adventures. 🙂
1. Does NOT include Airport Pickup. Most hotels offer FREE airport shuttle. These include the Capital Suites, Chateau Nova, Days Inn, Explorer Hotel and Quality Inn. If you are not staying at these hotels, we can arrange airport pickup, please ask our staff for prices for this service.
2. Does NOT include hotel accommodations. You can book your hotel online at www.ca.hotels.com, www.booking.com, www.expedia.ca, www.trivago.ca, www.ca.kayak.com or contact the hotel directly using the links listed above.
3. If you are looking for Tour Package + Accommodation Package, you might want to check our North Star Summer Package, also includes personal airport pick-up and drop-off service. This Package also includes a return airfare option from Edmonton to Yellowknife.
4. Discounts cannot be combined. Please ask our staff for more details about this.
5. Prices subject to change due to fluctuations in fuel, hotel, airline and/or tour partner prices. Dates subject to change due to inclement weather.
6. Please review our Payment & Cancellation Policy before booking.
7. Does not include Guide tip. Tip amount can range from $5.00 to $20.00 per tour.
Save on baggage space and cost! We have WARM and COMFORTABLE Winter Clothing for rent. Includes the world famous Canada Goose down parka, insulated snow-pants, insulated snow boots, warm mitts and neck warmer. FREE delivery to your hotel or B&B. Click here to book your Winter Clothing.